HAPPY EARTH DAY!
We are dedicating this week’s fashion feature to Earth Day. Here are some eco-friendly and fashion forward pieces for you to enjoy.
clockwise from top left:
1. Banana Republic Heritage Zanzibar Sweater made with organic cotton 2. Rebel Green Bad Habits Lunch Tote made of organic cotton and printed with low impact ink 3. Toms in silver glitter where every purchase gives a new pair of shoes to a child in need 4. Organic cotton bamboo dress by Econica, available on Etsy.com 5. Organic halter dress form Envi 6. Eco Fashions uses recycled candy wrappers, newspapers, and magazines to make unique purses 7. Map Totes feature cities from around the world on their products made of natural, organic, or recycled materials 8. Figs gives a uniform to a needy child with each tie purchase
Eco-fashion, or sustainable fashion, includes apparel and accessories that are made with the environment in mind.
Some qualifications include:
- Be an eco-friendly company with efficient production methods such as using solar or wind power.
- Use recycled materials and encourage recycling in the office & manufacturing factories.
- Use locally sourced and/organic materials in support of local distributers and using resources that are less harsh on the environment.
- Support fair trade, which encourages fair wages to developing countries for their work and products.
- Give back – many companies make a donation to a good cause for every item they sell.